Monday, April 16, 2007

Watson's Wind-Up

Long time no post but I've been in self-imposed work exile and had no life for a while.

Received an email from my contact at the Comedy Unit
(Chewin' the Fat, Still Game, Rab C Nesbitt) at the weekend. As you can imagine, it sent me
into wild throes of excitement.

My contact suggested that I submit some sketches to Watson’s Wind-Up, a BBC Radio Scotland show which "recasts the recent news in a jettison of sharp-tongued, irreverent wise cracks."

According to my contact, the brief is that the jokes or sketches are to be Scottish and topical, between 20 seconds and two minutes and based on the week's news.

As one of painfully few shows that invites unsolicited submissions, Watson’s Wind-Up creates a promising outlet to get vital experience. It will be competitive but I'm rather keen to give it a try. Will mine make the cut? Only one way to find out…

So, for practice, will be doing some more Scottish-leaning posts with a more mass market appeal - as well as the usual twisted take on the news - on the PCP in forthcoming weeks. Fucking hilarious ones, obviously :)

No comments: