Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The artist and sleep


An artist friend from New York is in town, and is working at the awesome Scope art fair which opens today.

We hung out last night and I'm suffering for it today. Talking about old times, partying times, the rock and roll times. I discovered that it's hard to talk about pre-career, non-stop partying and then slink off to bed at 9pm with a cup of cocoa and a sudoku puzzle - whatever that is. No ways - you gotta re-live it - rock and roll. So check it out, yo - I crashed into my crib this morning at 4am.

Fortunately, my company's founders inadvertently saved my bacon today by kicking the morning off with one of their excellent , regular breakfast sessions. As I tore into an absolute feast of a breakfast - a traditional "full English" - at the plush Goring hotel, a small group of us discussed new ideas to further improve our growing agency. This got the day off to a cracking start - a bellyful of hearty food and a head fizzing with new ideas. It's raining buckets outside, and I'm a missing a few hours of REM, but things are fine and good enough. And that's about all anyone can ask for.


No comments: